Tue06192018

LAST_UPDATETue, 19 Jun 2018 4pm

Mahathir To Cut Down On PH Events For Health Reasons

PETALING JAYA: Pakatan Harapan (PH) chairman Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamd will cut down on his roadshows and ceramah to safeguard his health.

Amanah president Mohamad Sabu today said events involving the 92-year-old former prime minster will end earlier in the evenings.

Mohamad, who is PH's communication and mobilisation committee chairman, told The Malaysian Insight that Mahathir's speeches at ceramah and gatherings used to end at 11pm, but they will end earlier now.

"This is among the steps we have taken to safeguard our chairman's health," the portal quoted Mat Sabu as saying.

"Apart from a PH roadshow that night, Mahathir was also involved in three other programmes in the evening. It was too taxing for him."

Mahathir was admitted to the National Heart Institute (IJN) last month because of a chest infection and fever.

He had to cancel three PH campaign events in Bentong and a ceramah in a Felda settlement.

"In Penang on Sunday, Dr Mahathir could not attend because soon after he was done in Kelantan, he went home. He arrived home late and was too tired and not well," said Mat Sabu.

Last week, Umno veteran Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah expressed worry over Mahathir's health and feared that GE14 will take a toll on the PH prime minister candidate.

"He was recently hospitalised. We don't want his health to be affected, as this campaign will be more intense once it is in full swing," Razaleigh said.

- Sun Daily